This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data by SOS Communications which is a trading style of International Telecommunications Equipment Limited. SOS values the business relationship we have with our customers and are committed to protecting your privacy and treating all personal data with great care.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal data is:
International Telecommunications Equipment Limited
Lawson Hunt Industrial Park
Collecting your Personal Data
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Through our website when you register, login, complete an online purchase
- When you contact our sales team with an enquiry or to make a purchase
- When you subscribe to any of our marketing communications
- When applying for a credit account both directly from you and from credit rating agencies
- When you make payment by credit card or direct debit payment methods. (We do not store your credit card information. Your details are collected each time we request payment. SOS is PCI DSS compliant)
- We may purchase lists of marketing prospects from GDPR compliant providers.
Purpose of Use
We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To help us identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to assess your company for credit.
- Where we need to perform a contract we enter into with you for products or services. Raising quotes, orders, delivery notes, invoices, statements etc.
- If agreed payment methods require personal data e.g. credit card information, bank details etc.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you have provided your consent. We provide you with offers and information on products and services you have expressed interest in either by email or SMS. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
Sharing your Data
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties designated by you. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent.
- Our Third Party Service providers. We may share your personal data with our third party services providers who provide services such as payment processing, billing, marketing, delivery of goods, auditing and other similar services.
- Third Party Services purchased. Where you purchase services from us provided by a third party organisation. e.g. hosted services
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including, in responding to requests from government authorities. (c) to enforce our Privacy Statement (d) to protect our rights, privacy and/or that of you or others.
We do not share your data with any third parties outside the above processing arrangements.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
The right to be informed
The right to revoke consent
If we process personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the legal right to revoke such consent at any time. We will then cease the relevant processing activity going forward.
The right of access to your information
If you want to know what personal data we have collected or process about you, you may request us to provide a copy of your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com.
The right to rectification and erasure of data and restriction of processing
If you believe that our processing of your personal data is incorrect, inaccurate, unlawful, excessive, incomplete, no longer relevant, or if you think that your data is stored longer than necessary, you may ask us to change or remove such personal data or restrict such processing activity, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in accordance with Article 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The right to object
You have the legal right to object, on grounds relating to your particular personal situation, at any time to our processing of your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right to object at any time to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or to profiling. You can do this by either (i) opting out by using the option we provide in the relevant direct marketing message or (ii) by sending an email to email@example.com or (iii) by writing to:
Lawson Hunt Industrial Park
General information relevant for all requests and queries
Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under applicable mandatory data protection law.
We will use reasonable endeavours to respond to your request or query within one month. If your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may either (i) charge you a fee, or (ii) refuse to process your request. If we decide not to honour your request or answer your query, we will explain our reasons for doing so in our reply.
Protection and Storage of your Data
We have used and will continue to use reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data against loss, alteration or any form of unlawful use. Physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are in place in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data.
The SOS website has links to other third party sites, SOS is not responsible for the privacy practises or the content found at these websites.
- Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
- Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don’t have to give the same information during one task
- Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
Retention of Information
We will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. Where legal requirements exist data will be held for as long as required by law.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. In case you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement or our practices in relation to your personal data you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This Privacy Statement explains the way we process your personal data, and rights you have in relation thereto. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time to make sure it is still up to date and we will notify you if we make any material updates.