The fair use policy for our telephone service is:
- 2500 minutes to UK local and national geographic numbers (unless otherwise stated)
- 1500 minutes to UK mobiles (unless otherwise stated)
- inclusive calls are limited to 60 minutes per call
- local and national geographic numbers are numbers beginning 01 and 02 and 03 only and do not include non-geographic numbers (08xx including 0845 and 0870) premium rate numbers (09xx), internet access numbers or calls to the Channel Islands (with max. 15% of local/national calls to 03)
- local and national geographic numbers do not include international calls
- if your tariff includes minutes to international numbers, certain selected destinations (which may vary from time to time) may be excluded dependent on the exact call price plan we agree with you
- if your tariff includes minutes to UK mobiles, this refers to calls to Hutchison 3G, O2, EE (T-Mobile and Orange) and Vodafone ONLY. Please note this does not include calls to Opal, Three, Lyca, Lebara or Virgin mobiles OR any mobile virtual network operator not based on the UK GSM cellular networks.
If you exceed the limits included in our fair use policy:
- we will charge you your standard tariff rate which you can find on our website at www.premier-cloud.co.uk/minutes-price-list
- where a fixed line call exceeds 60 minutes, the excess call time over 60 minutes will be charged at your standard tariff rate
- where a mobile call to an XLN fixed line or another XLN mobile exceeds 30 minutes, the entire call will be deducted from your package allowance and/or charged at your standard tariff rate dependant on your tariff allowance remaining
- we reserve the right to: o switch you to a more appropriate tariff or call price plan at any time;o suspend the your services; oro to terminate our agreement with you with immediate effect
- we may revise our Fair Use Policy at any time by posting the updated version of the policy to here on our website at www.premier-cloud.co.uk/fair-use. You are expected to check this policy from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Last Updated 1 October 2017